The FDA has approved the abortion pill method (aka RU-486, medical or medication, chemical) up to 70 days from the first day of your last menstrual cycle. The abortion pill is not the same as the Morning After Pill.
This method uses two drugs to terminate a pregnancy over a 24 to 48-hour period.
Early Second Trimester
Through the early weeks of your second trimester, the abortion doctor uses Vacuum Aspiration or suction with a spoon-shaped curet to scrape the lining of the uterus.
Late Second Trimester
Dilation and evacuation (D & E) remove a pregnancy from the uterus with suction, curettage, a curet, and possibly forceps.
No-Cost Pregnancy Services
Often, women facing an unplanned pregnancy feel they want to get out of their situation as quickly as possible. Does abortion seem like the easiest answer to end your problems? Abortion is one of the most critical decisions any woman will ever make.
It is not a decision that you should make quickly. For your health and safety, make every effort to be completely and accurately informed.
What can you expect from Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center?
- No-Cost Lab-Grade Pregnancy Testing
- No-Cost STD Testing for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and HIV antibodies
- No-Cost STD Treatment for chlamydia and gonorrhea
- No-Cost Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound to confirm pregnancy and viability
- Comprehensive Abortion Education
Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center does not offer abortions or abortion referrals.
- Are you sure you’re pregnant?
- Is your pregnancy viable and located in your uterus?
- Are you fully aware of abortion procedures?
- What do you know about the physical and emotional consequences of abortion?
- How familiar are you with the abortion clinic you’ve chosen?
- Does the abortion doctor have hospital admitting privileges?
- Do you currently have an STD?