Unplanned pregnancy… where do you even begin? You may feel at a standstill in your journey because of your many questions. Before taking your next step, be informed about all your pregnancy options.
If you’re considering buying the abortion pill online, here’s what you need to know about the process. Both the pill and ordering it online have serious risks.
The Abortion Pill Procedure
The abortion pill—also called medication abortion—involves taking two types of medical abortion drugs. Mifepristone (the first drug) blocks the womb from absorbing progesterone and prevents the embryo from implanting or growing. Then, Misoprostol causes the uterus to contract and expel the pregnancy through cramping and bleeding. Medication abortion is ONLY for women up to 10 weeks pregnant.
Common risks of the abortion pill (medication abortion) include:
- An ongoing unwanted pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Digestive system discomfort
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
Can I Buy The Abortion Pill Online in Colorado?
Though buying the pill online seems simple, the abortion pill process is not an easy one. While it is legal to buy the pill online in Colorado, you may want to know the risks before making a decision. You deserve to know the facts.
What are the Risks?
There are warnings and regulations to protect women from the danger of buying the abortion pill online. There is great debate and hesitation around buying the pill online as it bypasses many safeguards created to protect women.
Some of the dangers of buying the abortion pill online are…
- Ingredients not properly verified, or inaccurately listed risks and side effects
- Inaccurate listed dosage
- Chance of incomplete abortion (many online abortion pill providers do not follow FDA guidelines)
- The ability to skip pre-abortion screenings (which can lead to severe health risks)
- No medical supervision – (chance for health risks/complications if procedure is done incorrectly)
Why You First Need an Ultrasound
Your next step to moving closer to a pregnancy decision is an ultrasound! After receiving a positive lab-quality pregnancy test result, an ultrasound confirms how far along you are and if you have any health complications. This is necessary to know what pregnancy options you qualify for.